Friday, January 28, 2011

First Project of the Year 2011

I would like to say that little by little my crafting "mojo" is coming back. I am grateful. For many months, I’ve gone and wondered why I can’t scrapbook or do anything crafty. I was in a state of “crafting coma”. There were many times that I would sit and stare at my papers, embellishments, ink, stamps thinking that I will make a layout, but I could not produce anything. Design ideas were in my head but putting this creative idea into a physical object was hard for me. Then, I would walk away. My theory is that since there were so many projects I want to do that I felt overwhelm. Now, I am happy because creativity is flowing again. When I was in a state of “crafting coma”, I looked for new inspiration and explored other venues in the world of “art”. I watched scrapbooking videos over and over again, and read scrapbook blog tutorials. Then, I discovered Mixed Media. For me, it is really cool! I was impressed with all the mixed media projects I saw on Youtube.

Now, I am presenting my first mixed media project. It took me forever to put my project together, but here it is. Conceptualizing my project took me awhile again because where to start was scary. All I know was that my concept is about a “name” and the “person” who it was named for. I wrote down the things that I wanted in my project, and I narrowed my concept to a minimum because with mixed media, the possibility is endless, and it can be pretty overwhelming. Enjoy!

My scrapbook colleague mentioned that I should enter my project at the Candy Shoppe Designs. The January Challenges have three options and I fall under the Art challenge.

Materials:

My Mind’s Eye Bohemia Embossed Alphabet chipboard, Maya Road chip board, jump rings, aluminum foil, brown & blue acrylic paint, Ruff ‘n Buff Gold Leaf, liquid glue, dictionary paper, Graphic 45 Renaissance Fair Collection, brad, door hinge, acrylic squares, stamp, Ranger glossy accent & distress ink, Making Memories alphabet sticker, Tim Holtz Metal Gears, fabric paper, Zing metallic copper embossing powder, Inkadinkadoo Chandeliers stamp


2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! This is amazing!!! Thank you for joining Candy Shoppe Designs this January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...for somebody's who been in a crafting coma, all I can say is WOW! Can you post some closeups so I can drool?? Make a list and come play with us @ CSD every month and you'll be back creating daily in no time!

    KitKat (Candy Shoppe Team Sugar)

    ReplyDelete